How the ICB uses your information
There may be times when we need to hold and use certain information about you, for example:
- if we are involved in helping you to resolve a complaint with your GP or other NHS service provider.
- if we fund specialised treatment for you for a particular health condition that is not covered in our local contracts.
- if you are a member of our patient participation group, or have asked us to keep you up to date about our work and involved in our engagement and public consultations.
The information we hold about you personally will therefore be with your knowledge and consent.
There may be times when we need to hold and use certain information for purposes such as:
- determining the general health needs of the population.
- ensuring that our services meet future patient needs.
- teaching and training healthcare professionals.
- investigating complaints, legal claims, etc.
- conducting health research and development.
- preparing statistics on NHS performance.
- auditing NHS accounts and service.
- paying your health care provider.
If you do have any concerns about us holding your personal information, then please tell us and we can explain the way this may affect our ability to help and discuss alternative arrangements available to you.